It is ideally situated at the heart of the village of Briennon,
not far from Charlieu, a medieval town labelled among “the most beautiful detours in France”,
in the Roanne area – the high place of gastronomy – and the south of Burgundy,
a good hour’s ride from St Etienne, Lyon or Clermont-Ferrand.
The property dates back before 1850 and used to be a farm. It consists of a master’s house, a rented apartment in the adjoining wing and outbuildings on a plot of 1400 square meters.
The master’s house was renovated in 2016 and converted into a comfortable lodging for 10 people while respecting the original architecture.The ancient fireplaces, wood paneling, murals, wooden floors, cement tiles, and the oak staircase have been preserved.
The cottage, with a south east orientation, is 150m² large.
It is equipped with WIFI.
The ground floor includes an entrance hall, a lounge, a dining room communicating with a kitchen, a laundry room and a toilet.
– Authentic and warm lounge, facing south, with a TV set, a cabriolet chair, armchairs, chairs, pedestal tables and a WIFI access.
– Bright dining-room, south-east orientated, with a table, chairs and a sideboard.
– Kitchen facing east, fully equipped with a fridge/freezer, a dishwasher, a ceramic hob with oven, a microwave, a coffee maker, a kettle, a toaster, a multifunction raclette-grill-pancakes plate, a fondue set, and everything needed for cooking.
– Laundry, with storage, a sink, a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner and an iron.
There is a second toilet on the half-floor..
The first floor consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a corridor:
– 1 charming room for 4 persons facing south, with a double bed, a 2 × 80 cm pull-out bed, a wardrobe and an en suite bathroom (120 × 80 cm shower and sink vanity)
– 1 romantic bedroom facing south, with a double bed and a wardrobe
– 1 room for 4 people, east orientated, with 4 single beds and a wardrobe
– 1 bathroom with a 120 x 80 shower, a double sink vanity, a hairdryer, a changing table and a baby bath tub.
At your disposal: high chair, bath, changing table and mat, lounger, bed
The Green Path
and the Pilgrims’ Way
The cottage verges on the St James of Compostela Pilgrims’ Way between Cluny and Le Puy-en-Velay , the GR 765 and the Véloire, cycle route green linking the port of Roanne to the Saône-et-Loire.
Briennon and its marina
The choir and the bell tower of St Irenaeus Church are registered as historical monuments.
Our territory is full of tourist and leisure offers.